目前在大家的身边到处都有金融,那样你会金融的英语句子吗,今天我们就给大伙看看金融英语,期望能帮助到大伙。
金融英语:帐户规章与条例
Leah Jacobs has just opened a savings account at the First National Bank.She is asking a clerk about the meaning of the rules and regulations printed on her passbook.
利厄雅各布斯刚刚在第一国民银行开立了一个储蓄帐户,她正在向一个员工询问有关印在存折上的各项规章与条例的意思。
Do you mean that I have to give you notice before I can make a withdrawal?
你是说,在我取款之前,得事先给你一个公告吗?
Clerk:Yes,Mrs.Jacobs,it technically means that .All banks may technically require prenotification before they must honour withdrawal requests on savings or other interest bearing accounts.
员工:是的,雅各布斯夫人。从法律角度上看,它是这个意思。所有银行都可能需要一个事先公告,取款人才有权从储蓄帐户和其他附息的帐户中取出所需要的款项。
J:How much notice must I give ?
雅各布斯:我需要提前多少时间公告银行?
C:Our bank ,like many others,may require seven days notice .But in actual practice we honour your request without requiring notification .
员工:象很多其他银行一样,大家银行可能需要7天前公告。但实质工作中,在没提前公告的状况下,大家也会满足你的取款需要。
Of course ,the bank has the option of enforcing the rule should it be necessary .
当然啦,假如必要的话,银行是有权利根据这一条规定来做的。
J:Thats amazing .I never knew that before .
雅各布斯:这倒令我吃惊,以前我从来不了解这类。
C:Youll find that all banks are required to have the same rule .
员工:你会发现,所有些银行都有这类同样的规章。
J:I guess Ive never read the fine print on my passbook before.
雅各布斯:我可能还从来没读过我存折上的这类非常小的印刷字体。
This next item says that there is a service charge for more than two transactions a month .
下面一条讲到,假如在一个月内有两次以上存取款,就要收取手续费。
C;Yes,Mrs.Jacobs.Again,thats technically permitted by the regulations.
员工:是的,雅各布斯夫人。同样,这也是是法定条例。
The main reason is to discourage the use of savings accounts for frequent transactions .
这是由于银行不鼓励用储蓄帐户进行过于频繁的存取款活动。
Current ,or checking,accounts are designed for regular and frequent transactions.
往来帐户或支票帐户就是为了常常和频繁的存款和取款而设的。
J:But Ive never been charged.
雅各布斯:但,我却从来没为此付过成本。
C:Well,most banks rarely invoke that regulation .
员工:哦,大部分银行极少实行那条规定。
金融英语:开立往来帐户
John Spence is asking a clerk at the First National Bank about current accounts.
约翰斯彭斯正在向第一国民银行的一位员工询问有关往来帐户的事宜。
Spence:Would you please tell me something about current accounts?Ive heard the term,but Im not sure I understand what it means.
斯彭斯:你能给我讲讲有关往来帐户的事吗?我听说过这个术语,但我不完全了解它的意思。
Clerk:The term current account means a demand account .Actually ,a checking account.
员工:往来帐户这个术语就是活期帐户的意思。事实上,就是支票帐户。
Normally ,we use the term current or demand account when we talk about a checking account maintained by a business firm.
一般当大家谈论到由企业持有些支票帐房时,大家就用往来帐户或者活期帐户如此的术语。
S:Oh ,so you mean that I cant open a current account as an inpidual?
斯彭斯:哦,你是说,作为个人,我不可以开立往来帐户吗?
C:No,I dont mean that.Anybody ,either a firm or an inpidual ,may open a current account,
员工:不,我不是那个意思。其他人,无论是企业还是个人都可以开立往来帐户。
but we normally call inpidual accounts personal checking accounts .Thats just a different name for them.
但,大家通常称个人帐户为个人支票帐户,这只是帐户名字不同而已。
S:Why do you call them demand accounts ,then ?
斯彭斯:那样你为何称他们为活期帐户呢?
C:That means that the balances in the accounts are subject to withdrawal on demand.
员工:这就是说,帐户上的余额便于提取或者便于需要。
In other words,a written demand ,or a check ,is all thats necessary to make a withdrawal from the account .
换句话说,要想从帐户中提取,仅需填写一张用款需要单或一张支票就能了。
S:Arent all accounts like that ?
斯彭斯:并非所有些帐户都是如此做的吧?
C:No,sir .Time or savings accounts actually require a notice to the bank ,
员工:是的,先生。按期存款帐户或储蓄帐户事实上都需要给银行一个公告,
usually seven days before the depositor has a right to make a withdrawal .In normal practice ,
一般是七天前公告银行,存款人才有权力提取存款。
of course ,we usually waive notice and allow immediate withdrawals .In demand or current accounts ,
当然,通常情况下,大家一般不必提前公告,并且允许立即提款。
however,we cannot ask for such notice .
然而,对于活期帐户或者往来帐户大家根本无权需要取款提前公告。
金融英语:按期存款
Judy Taylor is asking a clerk in the New Accounts Department at the First National Bank about time deposits.
裘德泰勒向第一国民银行新开帐户部门的一个员工询问按期存款有关事宜。
Taylor:Can you tell me something about time deposits?
泰勒:请你同我谈谈有关按期存款的事情,怎么样?
I understand the interest rate is much higher for time deposits than regular savings accounts.
据我所知,按期存款的利率比一般储蓄存款的利率要高得多。
Clerk:Yes,Miss Taylor ,thats correct.We offer Time Certificates of Deposit which pay a higher rate of interest than regular deposits do .
员工:是的,泰勒小姐,你说得对。大家这里提供存款的按期存单,它们的利率高于一般存款。
T:How long do I have to keep the money in the account?
泰勒:存款在帐户中储存多长时间才能取?
C:We offer a choice of three,six-or twelve month maturities in most cases.
员工:大部分状况下,大家提供为期3个月,6个月和12个月的存款期限,你可以从中选择。
Of course ,we have two-,three-,five-and ten-year plans ,too.
当然,大家也有为期2年、3年、5年和10年的存款期限。
T;Does the rate go up depending on how long you keep the certificate?
泰勒:利息是多少是否取决于存款时间?
C:Yes,thats right .But you must determine what maturity you want in the beginning .
员工:是如此的。但你需要事先确定你的存款期限。
Naturally ,certificates with the longer maturities bear a higher rate of return .
当然,存款期越长,利率就越高。
T:What maturities are the most popular?I assume that not many customers invest for the very long terms .
泰勒:哪一种期限是最受青睐的呢?我估计不会有不少客户选择非常长的存款期限。
C:No ,most of our customers use the six-or twelve-month plans.Of course ,you may renew the certificate on maturity if you wish.
员工:你说得对,大家的大部分客户使用6个月或12个月存款期限。当然,假如你想的话,当存款到期时,你可以把存单转期续存。
T;How come the rate is so much higher than the regular savings rate?
泰勒:按期存款的利怎能如何会比通常存款利息高出那样多呢?
C:We can offer a more attractive rate of return when we know that the client will maintain the balance for a set period of time .
员工:当欠确知客户将一笔钱储存肯定时期,大家就可以提供更具备吸引力的利率。
有关文章:
1.常用金融英语词语大全
2.金融英语
3.金融英语课程 介绍
4.金融行业用英语如何说
5.金融英语双语阅读两篇